let's get healthy

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The table continued

I have told my story about the table to a few, and felt compelled to write it on here.  Since then I had a friend come and add another part to the story.  Actually I need to go further back, the story of building the table isn't finished... I got stuck.  I have to admit, I couldn't finish the table in a way that would have been safe for children climbing on it.  I don't allow climbing on the table in our house, but it happens... and usually when I'm not looking..... that said, safety was key.  This table needed to be sturdy!
That's where our friends came along, a gentleman from our church stepped up to the plate and flat out told me that I didn't have the tools to finish it and I needed to come to his home to finish it up.  He was right, I didn't even know what I was getting into or where I was headed.  He didn't share my vision of using discarded wood, but went with it anyway and made sure that our kids would be safe even when disobedient.  :S

Isn't that like our walk too.  Sometimes I need someone to tell me I'm in over my head and give gentle advice and direction when I myself don't have the tools for this part of the journey.

The last friend to add to the table story at this point is my friend Tina.  I asked her to write her part of the story.  This is what she said...
"As for the shelf, I don't know what to add. I was just so inspired by your story, that I wanted to try making something for (my son)'s room - something special that he would like. So I started looking around for supplies and came up with the idea to build him a plane shelf. It was wonderful to transform basic wood into something functional and seeing it all come together was so exciting. It was amazing to see something old and worn be refurbished into something new and beautiful -not unlike salvation, huh?! That's it..."

She is very humble as she writes this. Earlier she mentioned that she was avoided working with wood despite the fact that her dad works with wood. When she heard the story of the table that's when she went to her dad and worked with him to make the shelf.... This is funny for me because she has been an inspiration in my life, as have others. She has helped spur me on, inspiring me to take a look at different areas of my spiritual life and change things that are weak. Thank you Tina for inspiring me.

No comments:

Post a Comment